support me on patreon~
4/20 blaze it. ANYWAY. that was a long chapter huh!! longest non-test one so far. i love to die. we learned a lot this time!! here's your recap:
- joe knew tobi and su-yeong several years ago
- the seal around the island can only be opened by the magister's ladies (so, ophelia, derry) and the guard. the diamond shape on joe's uniform is enchanted to work like a key.
- su-yeong put herself on the island to protect tobi and peony from herself. her memories of her time there are blurry.
- tetsu's masters isra and neith are aware of husks. isra is actually a doctor that specializes in their study, and neith is an ex-guard that used to work with joe.
- we learn about husk tiers. i'll just link the page instead of writing it out again
- peony is the only street kid that doesn't actually have a family. tobi and su-yeong look after her, because she reminds them of their friend morgan. morgan dropped out of contact soon after getting magic, and they haven't heard from him since.
- gemstones that match a husk's color siphon magical energy rather than focus it. a husk's eyes function like gemstones and are constantly generating magic. isra theorizes that having that much magic constantly around a person's mind is what causes husks to lose their sanity.
- joe was romantically involved with morgan's master, dr. malliet, who also researched husks. he and morgan died in a fire caused by a husk five years ago, which also burned down all the research he and isra had done before.
- su-yeong and tobi are together.
- rothart??????? ivy????? hm?????
anyway as always the next two weeks will be guest updates!! stick around for some good art!! chapter 7 will begin on may 7th! wow!